Alarm systems for burglars, robbers, home intruders, and vandals are mainly of two types: sound and silent.
Sound-based alarm systems emit a loud noise and warning like a siren or bells when they detect any unusual activity around the house. On the other hand, silent alarm systems instantly alert the authorities without making it obvious to the intruder.
There are numerous pros and cons of each alarm system and which one is better for you is really up to you in the end. Choose the right one according to your situation.
Sound-Based Alarm Systems
- Sound-based alarm systems are more likely to scare off any potential burglars and intruder. Most burglars and thieves want to avoid confrontations and slip in and out discreetly so a loud alarm will send them packing.
- Sound-based alarm systems will immediately alert you and allow you to take better precautions. You can call the authorities or attempt to escape.
- Sound-based alarm systems will alert your neighbors as well, allowing them to protect themselves while calling the authorities or coming to your aid.
- Sound-based alarm systems create a lot of noise and this could prove to be a nuisance if there are repeated false alarms or in an area with many wild animals.
- In some rare cases, alarms could provoke aggression and fight response in home invaders and compel them to create hostage situations. The situation could be made more dangerous for you with the invader panicking.
Silent Alarm Systems
- They do not disturb the neighbors and the neighborhood thus they are more environmentally friendly.
- They do not alert the burglar or invader. Therefore, they are more likely to be caught in time at the scene of the crime by the police.
- The authorities are guaranteed to respond.
- Because they have no sound, silent arms will not notify you as well. They could notify you through a phone alert or a blinking light but chances are you will be in deep sleep and unable to respond and better prepare yourself and your family.
- Since they do not alert the intruders, they are more likely to penetrate much deeper into the house. This could potentially raise the threat and danger level if the intruder is armed and manages to reach you.
- Since neither you nor the intruder is alerted, it could mean a possible confrontation occurs if you go to the toilet or to get water. This could rapidly escalate the situation than if you had known and kept yourself locked in.
Ultimately, there is no definitive answer for which alarm system is better. It is a highly contextual answer and must be dealt with on a case to case basis. If you live in or near London then contact Eagle Security Solutions today for all your private and commercial security needs. The numbers and email addresses for our different offices are available on our website. We look forward to welcoming you and hatching out the best alarm system for your needs and situation after conducting extensive testing and research.