Alarm Monitoring Service for Home and Commercial Alarms
We know how important it is to protect your home or business at all times, that’s why we recommend alarm monitoring 24/7 for home and commercial alarm systems.
Alarm monitoring ensures that your alarm system won’t be ignored. Your security system will be connected to our Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) via telephone, GSM/GPRS, IP or a combination of these methods. Upon receipt of activation signal resulting from burglary, fire and other emergencies from the alarm at the protected premises, the ARC immediately alerts the home or business owner, key holders and/or the police.
Your home alarm can be monitored 24/7 for key holders response only with an annual maintenance service from only 55p a day. A commercial alarm can enjoy the benefits of central station monitoring for key holders and police response along with twice a year routine inspection services from only 80 pence a day.
We work in close partnership with Advanced Independent Monitoring (AIM) and Southern Monitoring Services (SMS) to provide monitoring services for our customers, subject to terms and conditions.
Monitored alarm systems
Alarm signalling options:
Your alarm can be monitored via various alarm signalling methods such as:
Digital communicator which works as a single path via a telephone line connection and as such is vulnerable to line fault and subject to call charges.
Dualcom DigiAir which works as a single path communicator over GSM/GPRS network and incorporates a World SIM as standard. It does not attract call charges and in our opinion presents a much better and reliable solution to the traditional digital communicator.
Redcare is the most common and highly recommended dual path alarm signalling brand in the fire and security industry. It includes the flagship Redcare GSM Grade 4 and Redcare Secure 2 and 3, signalling over a combination of PSTN, GSM/GPRS or IP. BT Redcare ensures that the integrity of the link between a monitored alarm system and the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) is protected and active continuously.
Dualcom GPRS is a gradeshift product from CSL Ltd providing dual path signalling for fire and security systems, covering Grade 2, 3 and 4 using GPRS, PSTN or IP in any combination.
Webway provides a secure and encrypted transmission from the alarm system to the Alarm Receiving Centre over internet, radio or PSTN.
Emizon IP provides dual-path alarm signalling via broadband, covering Grade 2, 3 and 4
Alarm Monitoring Process
What you get from alarm monitoring service:
- Around the clock monitoring 24/7
- NSI Gold certified Alarm Receiving Centre
- Reliable service providing peace of mind 24 hours a day.
- Help desk support
- Police response on confirmed alarm
- Fire authority response to fire alarm
- Key holder response (key holders alert via a call, text message and/or email )
- Routine inspection services twice a year
- Remote resets
- Events log
- Availability of engineers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Regular review of security needs
Benefits of a monitored alarm
- A monitored alarm with a valid Police reference number can receive police response to a confirmed alarm activation, providing peace of mind particularly when the home owner is away.
- A personal attack signal from a monitored alarm will be immediately policed, knowing that help is on its way.
- With a monitored alarm more than 65% of faults can be resolved by remote diagnosis and resets without the need for an engineer to attend, so saving the homeowner time and money.
- Monitored alarm systems are recommended by home and business insurers.