Expert Tips to Select the Best Commercial Alarms in the UK
In this day and age it is important for businesses to install commercial alarms to protect their premises. Selecting the right alarm is important for the security of your business. The right alarm system will ensure the protection of your business assets, staff, and customers.
A survey of ex-burglars carried out by the Metropolitan Police in London found that a building with a burglar alarm is less likely to be targeted by burglars.
In this blog post, we will share some tips for selecting the best commercial burglar system for the security of your company’s assets.
1. Know the Abbreviations
To buy the right commercial burglar alarm, you must be familiar with certain abbreviations. Here are common abbreviations that you may encounter when buying a commercial alarm in the UK.
- Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) is a security company that monitors alarms and reports to the concerned authority when it is triggered.
- National Security Inspectorate (NSI) is a UK organization that is responsible for the certification of security companies. It grades companies as Gold or Silver depending on the quality of security protection.
- Unique Reference Number (URN) is a unique number that identifies a security device. It allows law enforcement personnel to identify the property where the device has been triggered.
- Security Systems and Alarm Inspection Board (SSAIB) is a certification body for security alarms. Alarms and maintenance services that meet the SSAIB standards offer the highest level of protection.
- United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is a UK body that assesses the installation and certification of security devices. SSAIB and NSI are UKAS accredited bodies.
2. Wired or Wireless Alarm
You must also decide whether you want to buy a wired or wireless alarm. The main considerations for selecting the type of alarm include the wiring potential and reliability.
Wired alarms are generally more reliable than wireless alarms. The batteries of the alarms can fail over time that will render the alarm useless.
But if the building is not easy to wire, a wireless system is recommended. A wireless alarm system requires no wiring that makes it extremely easy to install.
You can also buy hybrid alarms such as the Texecom Premier Elite. These alarms have both wired and wireless functionality. It offers the benefits of both wireless and wired alarms. But hybrid alarms generally cost more than a wired or wireless alarm.
3. Type of Response
An important consideration when buying a commercial alarm is the type of response. A commercial alarm can have call-back, immediate response, and auto-dialler response.
Auto dialler and call back are the most standard type of commercial alarms. They call the key holders or the owners alerting them about the activation of the alarm.
Alarms with immediate response monitoring are more costly but they offer the best protection. A response monitoring company is notified that can listen in to verify that the burglar has entered the building. It helps in verifying the trigger of the alarm so that the law enforcement personnel can be dispatched immediately.
Commercial alarms give you peace of mind knowing that your digital or physical assets won’t be stolen. They are effective in deterring would-be burglars and intruders from entering your office building.
Eagles Security Solutions offers comprehensive residential and commercial security solutions in the UK. We sell CCTV systems, commercial alarms, home security alarms, and access control systems. In addition, we also offer reliable and professional CCTV and alarm maintenance services.